Thursday 16 August 2012

A win-win situation


I’m feeling very rich today – I booked a holiday and gave a generous donation to my favourite charity. My income hasn’t increased but I booked the holiday through Give As You Live. It’s a clever website that has gathered together thousands of online companies that give a percentage of their takings to charity. Lots of companies make charitable donations of course, but usually they decide where their money goes. The thing I like best about Give As You Live is that, as a customer, I get to choose which UK charity or fundraising organisation receives the money.  
   
I don’t do a lot of online shopping but, when I’m thinking of making a purchase, I’ve got into the habit of clicking on Give As You Live first to check if the product I want is available through the site. It doesn’t cost me any more to shop this way; in fact it can be cheaper as the site lists all the current special offers available from participating companies. And, as a bonus, I receive an email afterwards telling me how much has been donated to the cause I’m supporting. 

Now then, can I afford some new clothes to wear on my holiday …?

No comments: